Tuning Gone Bad

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 07:26:24 -0400

I received a call from a church where I have tuned their 1960s K&C spinet three times since 1999. I just
tuned it three weeks ago on May 2 (most of it was up to pitch, the treble got a second pass). The pastor called me the other day and asked if I could stop by and touch up the tuning because the pianist said the center of the piano went out of tune.

I'm going to go out there Saturday. It is a 40 minute drive from my place. I suspect, unless I see evidence that someone was trying to tune it themselves, that the thing to do is touch it up, smile, and go on my way.

This is the first time I have ever had a call like this. I'm sure others have. What is your normal course of action/policy. Do you tell the customer while on the phone that you will be charging them for the trip, etc.? Thanks.

Terry Farrell