Bass Strings/Carl Meyer

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 23:25:46 -0700

Carl,
If he has a "better mouse trap", so to speak, I most certainly would support
his efforts. My question is, however, where was he when I "blasted" the Bass
String Makers, in the journal, a few years ago? The only BSMs that responded
to that "tirade" were string makers from Canada. And, they were all very
sympathetic to my complaints and have proven, without a doubt, (in my mind,
anyway), that they not only care about the quality of their strings, but
make exemplary strings, as well. Don't tell me the US BSMs didn't see the
article, because I "arranged" for every one of them to get a copy. (Oops,
the cat's out of the bag now!) Not one of them had the guts to address my
complaints, in any way, shape or form. That very fact, made me ashamed of
their "American Work Ethic", as displayed by their silence and indifference.

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)