e-mail readers (very much OT)

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 18:27:33 -0700

    David, Outlook Express can pre-open messages, they call it the =
preview pane. If you're worried about viruses, it's a good idea to not =
have this feature enabled. I do have my e-mail program set up this way =
because I feel it is easier to use, now that I'm accustomed to it being =
that way. However, I also have Mcafee running in the background, which I =
keep updated faithfully. I keep waiting to get hit by a virus so I can =
do the manual delete thingee, but after five years or so, it hasn't =
happened yet.=20
    As for the entry from Cy Shuster, I have my system set up so that it =
must prompt me before it installs anything, like the foreign alphabet =
fonts, etc.  It's pretty easy to do. ( Oh, God, now I'm going to have to =
tell them how.)  Look at your help files. (Yeah, like that will take a =
week). =20
    If you need help, let me know. Although, this isn't a computer =
forum.

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Ilvedson=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 8:26 AM
  Subject: Re: e-mail readers (very much OT)

  I use Outlook Express and don't have any problems with it.  Outlook =
Express
  doesn't pre-open attachements as far as I know...just Outlook?  I have =
DSL
  now and for some reason Pegasus can't send mail...?  I have the same
  configuration as Outlook Express so I'm not sure...the conspiracy =
theorist
  in me blames Micro$oft/Internet Explorer...I upgraded to 6.0.

  David I.