email alternatives

Clair Dunn cadunn@vt2000.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 04:44:45 -0500 (CDT)

I heartily second John's advice re email. Another program, also
freeware, is Pegasus. I've used both Eudora and Pegasus for years.
However, in the last year there's been trouble with my internet
service provider's mail server so, because I have a virtual server, I
am now using SquirrelMail. Unfortunately this is only good for folks
who do have a server. However, the mail *never* comes onto your
computer unless you download it. You use your browser to read it. So,
in that way, it's similar to hotmail or one of those, except it is
exclusive.

I've been in computers since 1980 and seriously involved in the
internet since 1994. Outlook is just about the worst there is.

Clair

--
Clair's Piano Service
http://www.vt2000.com/cps