Cleaning the gluepot

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 16:14:46 -0500

>I think it's time, but I don't know exactly how.
>
>Suggestions?
>
>-Phil Bondi (Fl.)

Electric pot with removable liner? First, heat up the pot, pour out the old
glue.

Option 0: Blast. This is not a viable option.

Option 1: Fill liner to the brim with water, cover with a lid, and cook in
the pot until tender, stirring occasionally until you have dissolved all
the junk from the sides of the liner. Pour out water. If you still have a
pile of old glue around the rim, invert the pot in a large saucepan or not
so large skillet with an inch or so of water in it. Simmer, adding water as
necessary, until the old glue dissolves. Scrub up, and press on.

Option 2: Throw the liner in a pressure cooker, completely cover with water
and let it soak for awhile. Clamp on top, and heat until the weight dances
on the lid vent. Let cool, open and pour off water. Season to taste.

Option 3: Pretend it's not that bad, superficially rinse out the liner
after pouring out the old stuff, make a new batch and go for it.

Ron N