A IE 6.0 patch

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Sun, 19 May 2002 20:42:22 +0200

Don wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> A jpeg is a lossy graphic file format for making pictures small enough to
> be easily transmitted via email. This in itself should make most literate
> computer users aware that the attached file is not a "patch" but more
> likely something malicious. In this case Andy R.'s scanners removed the
> threat for us. It will not always be the case. The best advice is to use a
> very simple email program like Eudora which does not "pre open" attachements.

Yes... well I have an old copy of Eudora, and a program called Foxmail which is
very very similiar to the old Eudora. Unfortunantly neither of these works with
IMAP servers.  I like them tho as they are easy, no advertising or popups or the
like, and very safe.  So if anyone knows one of these that works with IMAP as
well let me know.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.