Virus files on list ?

David Skolnik skolnik@attglobal.net
Sun, 19 May 2002 14:23:04 -0400

At 09:04 PM 05/18/2002 -0600, Andy Rudoff wrote:

>But just because I filter these things doesn't mean you won't get them
>through other means.  Since many viruses dig up all the email addresses
>they can find and send themselves back out, you can get a virus message
>directly from someone else and it might appear to be pianotech related
>(same subject line as a pianotech post, for example).  So no matter
>what I do you need to be careful.

Andy -
Along the lines of "digging up addresses", I was wondering about the
significance of the email I received on May 13 from
clb@geneva-intl.com.  The size was 44 whatevers, composed primarily of the
individual addresses of ...the list?  I have seen this once or twice in the
past.  Why would this have happened (no one would have entered these
manually), and what are the possible repercussions?

David Skolnik