Rock & Roll Tuning

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 17 May 2002 08:32:31 -0600

Hi,

If you use a vtd that has an input for a mic you can use a magnetic pickup
to get your input. If the vtd has a filter out put you can listen to the
partials by using a small amp, and headphones. If you use headphones that
seal, wear some foam plugs and you should be able to turn up the volume
enough to hear what you want to hear without hurting your ears while
drowning out the various set up noises, or the previous group that is
performing while you struggle to tune the piano. Find out whether the piano
will be in the sun during the performance or in the shade and place it in
those conditions before you tune it for one hour. Allow 50% extra time for
the tuning and charge accordingly, or simply charge your labor rate (which
should be equal to your tuning rate) for the entire experience.

At 08:09 AM 5/17/02 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/17/02 7:50:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:
>
><< I will be tuning a piano for an outdoor concert featuring the rock/pop
>band NRBQ. I don't do much concert tuning. >>
>Hi Terry,

>            A thin lightweight piece of plastic over the strings will help
>prevent pitch changes during your tuning.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.