Rock & Roll Tuning

Reikiharp@AOL.COM Reikiharp@AOL.COM
Fri, 17 May 2002 08:09:56 EDT

In a message dated 5/17/02 7:50:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< I will be tuning a piano for an outdoor concert featuring the rock/pop
band NRBQ. I don't do much concert tuning. >>
Hi Terry,
            A thin lightweight piece of plastic over the strings will help
prevent pitch changes during your tuning.
                              Be prepared to wait for who or whatever is
running late when you arrive, and also to do what you can in the 15 minutes
they allow for you while they set up the drum kit behind you and shout CHECK,
CHECK, over the loudspeaker.                      It's not usually like that
, but bottom line; the piano will be barely audible over the drums and guitar
anyway.  So relax and enjoy tuning outdoors for once.
                    Joseph D. Gotta RPT