Yamaha Upright hammer flanges

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 16 May 2002 10:23:32 +0000

Hi Jon,
             I used to do it that way.  Using the new method, makes sure
the loop and flange screw dimention is exact,  Therefore the same tension
is on the spring on each note if the spring tips are all in a nice straight
line.  Using the scribed line on the flange, as a guide, never worked quite
as accurate for me,I know I like to be anal at times.

Regards Roger

>Even easier is to wrap the cord around a dowel (appropriate size) and cut
>the cord along it's length.
>You now have equal length cords to glue in place.
>
>Regards,
>
>Jon Page,   piano technician
>Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
>mailto:jonpage@attbi.com