- Slipping Eye on bass string

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Tue, 14 May 2002 14:42:44 -0300

Hi List,

I tried to separate, my last message into two, but hit send instead of cut.

Thank you for the replies, re the slipping eye, on new bass strings.

It appears that yes, by having a bad scale, it may cause, an improperly made
eye to slip, with the extra tension. But if the eye is made properly, the
string would probably break before eye slipped.

Do most string makers, buy the core wire with the eye already on the wire?

Does this mean there is just one supplier?

It appears that different suppliers of bass strings have had the same
problem, even
if they are in different countries.

Regards,

John M. Ross