wording???

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Mon, 13 May 2002 21:32:08 -0400

In a message dated Mon, 13 May 2002  4:50:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com> writes:

>When in the environmental industry I authored many proposals and reports and worked with many attorneys to dance around the blame issue. My suggestion would be to be careful to say nothing about when the damage may have occurred at all. The owner asked you for an estimate to refinish, rebuild or whatever. Give them a proposal to refinish rebuild, or whatever. Don't give them a proposal to fix storage damage, but rather to make the piano like new again. Let the owner carry the burden of identifying when the damage may have occurred. You weren't there. Not your problem.
>
>Terry Farrell

I agree, we work with a lot of insurance companies and have run into this many times.  I would be careful to not judge the customer too harshly as he may really believe the damage came from storage.  Just giving an estimate for refinish in no way implicates you.  If the insurance company has questions they will call you and at that point you can state what you believe.

I also have a policy that the customer is responsible for the bill as soon as the work is done, then they will be reimbursed by the insurance company.  Which is what you have already arrainged.
David Koelzer
DFW