wording???

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 13 May 2002 14:32:32 EDT

et al;
 the collective wisdom is desired here for just a moment if y'all please....

 I have a quote to give and for the most part it is a straight forward
rebuilding quote....butttt there is some case discoloration and minor
damage...........

This is the problem. Piano is an S&S model 'M' Walnut. The case discoloration
spots/patches, to the best of my opinion, is just absolutely typical of S&S
stuff. The finish is not harmed in any way...no water staining, signs of
chemical contamination/surface damage etc..............The thingee is only 22
years old and except for normal bumps/scratches the finish is in relatively
good shape. .........The owner swears that 'all' the damage happened while
the piano was in storage for two years...I heartily disagree on numerous
accounts..........The owner wants to make this an insurance claim as far as
the damage/finish stuff goes...........I am uncomfortable with having any
insurance company think that I concur in this opinion. Other finishers in
town have also told him that the damage he is complaining about could not
have happened in storage for the most part.....................I want to
include a statement in my quote so that this owner can 'not' tell the
insurance company that I said the damage happened while the piano was being
stored......The wording I am thinking of using is:

"e. By agreeing to do this work I am make no judgements as to the cause of
any case damage or discoloration and may not be represented as having done
so."

Whacha think?
Jim Bryant (FL)