Pinblocks and o/s pins

Stephen Airy stephenairy@fastmail.fm
Mon, 13 May 2002 06:50:29 +0000

I'm planning on restringing my piano soon, and I don't plan to pull the
plate.  The pins probably have around 40-70 inch-pounds of torque on
them.  Would you all recommend 3/0 or 4/0 pins, and/or should I plug
and drill, or how should I do it?  I don't want the tuning pins to be
extremely tight, but I want it to stay in tune longer than a few hours
to a couple days to a week.  :)
I should also mention that the bass bridge is cracked along the
speaking side of the lowest several bichord unisons.  An RPT friend
told me I should work some superglue in the crack (that in some places
is maybe half the width of the bridge pins) and clamp it.  What would
you say I should do?

--
  Stephen Airy
  stephenairy@fastmail.fm

--
Faster than the email provider that you're using!
Soar with FastMail.FM! -> http://fastmail.fm