U1 bass strings

Stephen Airy stephenairy@fastmail.fm
Mon, 13 May 2002 06:47:42 +0000

This is an interesting thread. :)  The mention of the Young Chang
reminded me of a story I saw on the list a while back of a piano
shooting missles (i.e. a Young Chang 175 or 185 (I think) breaking bass
strings and the strings flying 8-10 rows into the congregation).
What would happen if you voiced the hammers extra-bright?  Would the
pianist maybe not have to play so hard to get the volume or tone he/she
wants?

--
  Stephen Airy
  stephenairy@fastmail.fm