double flange action replacement

Rani nirran@netvision.net.il
Sun, 12 May 2002 23:08:47 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: <kam544@flash.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2002 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: double flange action replacement

> >Did anyone replace the Steinway double flange action, to a "normal"
action
> >and has done all the geometry calculations?...
> >
> >Rani Nir
>
> Rani, List,
>
> You can do a search at:
>
> http://www.ptg.org/archive/pianotech.php/
> Use Webglimpse Search engine
> enter the words -  double flange
> click on Jump to line
> Choose number of days you want to search
> click on Submit
> wait for results
>
> Might take a few minutes to retrieve.
>
> Welcome aboard.
>
> Keith McGavern
> Registered Piano Technician
> Oklahoma Chapter 731
> Piano Technicians Guild
> USA
> http://www.highpointpiano.com/ptg/conv/chicago2002/

Thank you for your respond

I am familiar with the
http://www.ptg.org/archive/pianotech.php/
I have tried that and the web.

I am also familiar with the Renner people in Stuttgart; I used to work with
Mr. Klaus.  I visited there at list 4 or 5 times.

In one of them I converted a bluthner patent grand action to a modern one.

I had to do a lot concerning the action geometry even after filling the
program sheet.

I thought maybe some one that already has done this will save me a bit of my
time and efforts.

I will still appreciate if somebody has replaced the entire double flange
action can share his knowledge

Many thanks

Rani Nir