TOOLS/Hide Glue, etc/Isaac Oleg's post

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 11 May 2002 17:44:41 -0700

All,
First of all, a big THANK YOU to Isaac. That is one helluva web site! Being
a tool freak, I'm in hog heaven!
There was one item that really caught my eye. A 110 volt glue pot/.25 liter!
Just what the doctor ordered and as soon as I get their catalogue, I'll be
ordering one. You can even get a stainless steel insert for it! Wow!
As for hide glue that loses it's bond after a few years use, (hammers to
shanks), that is why I did the experiments and came up with "Jose's Glue".
It is a combination of "Sheet Glue" and the highest grade of "Hide" glue I
could find. Although, it is more difficult to use, it has been THE glue I
use when installing hammers. No failures after 20 years must mean
sompin'.<G> (knocking on wood, not select hardwood)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)