1969 Steinway L CBS?

Rani nirran@netvision.net.il
Sun, 12 May 2002 02:17:35 +0200

From: <Bigeartb@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2002 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: 1969 Steinway L CBS?

> Roger:
>      I started this CBS 1969 discussion a few days ago when a large church
> received a Steinway L, 1969. The non musicians of the congregation said
the
> piano sounded as if it had a pillow stuck in the middle of it. All piano
> players were going bonkers trying to play this thing. The #1 pianist is a
fat
> girl who told me before the congregational hymns were over she had begun
> sweat like a hog trying to get the thing to sound mezzo forte. After
> carefully evaluation and a careful touch of the masters hand on the action
> parts and some carefully voicing,  I am now smiling. The pianist is
smiling
> and not sweating. The pastor is smiling. The Minister of Music is smiling
and
> so is the congregation. This piano now plays and sounds wonderful. The
> diamond of pianos is once again shinning in brilliant luster and I am
proud
> to have been gifted enought as as a musician and technician to have given
all
> these people a wonderful gift. The gift of beautiful music.
>      Just for information so I will be much smarter.......WHAT YEARS DID
CBS
> OWN STEINWAY?
>
> thank you all,
> Tommy Black

1973

     Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) purchases Gulbransen, Steinway and
Sons; Rodgers Organs; Gemeinhardt Flute; Lyon and Healy Harp; Fender Rhodes
and others to form the world's most prestigious musical instrument company.

  1.. STEINWAY & SONS ENGLISH
  ... 1985 : CBS sell STEINWAY & SONS and their Musical Instruments Division
to three
  American businessmen: John P. Birmingham, Robert M. Birmingham and Bruce A
  http://www.hanlet.com/steinen.htm
  More Results From: www.hanlet.com

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: clip_image001.gif