Aeolean player

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Sat, 11 May 2002 10:17:55 -0400

In a message dated Sat, 11 May 2002  8:29:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Leslie W Bartlett <lesbart1@juno.com> writes:

>Can someone tell me how to get the top unit out of a "Standard Player
>Mechanism" out of an Aolean player? The same would be true, I suppose, on
>a "Standard Player Mechanism" in a DuoArt piano, same mechanism, slightly
>smaller piano.  Oh both, the action needs removal.  My suspicion is that
>one removes two screws at either end, and two smaller nuts toward the
>center, then lifts, and simply shifts the player part forward, making no
>attempt to completely remove it, as large bundles of hoses go down
>through the keybed, and I don't want to be the one to mess with those
>hoses.   I wonder, also if the two pneumatics for the soft pedal, one
>mounted on the cabinet at either end, need to be taken off to get the
>actions out.
>
>On one, hammer flange pins are starting to come out, and the other needs,
>I THINK, flanges lubricated, simply because of lack of use, some are
>tight, as well as capstans needing some adjustment.
>
>Thanks
>les bartlett
>houston

Les, if the tubes go through the keys and keybed you will find they plug into blocks. These blocks have a top half and a bottom half, you can separate them from under the key bed.  Just unscrew the many machined screws, pull down the bottom blocks as far as you can and probably with some cussing the action will slide out.  The top blocks will come out with the key frame.  You may also have to lower the control levers if they are installed at the key clip.  The soft pedal pneumatics can probably stay where they are, though there are so many variations I can't say for sure.
David Koelzer
DFW