"The Question"

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Fri, 10 May 2002 09:43:11 -0400

In a message dated Fri, 10 May 2002  7:57:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com> writes:

>Yesterday I spent 12 hours yesterday installing an electric add-on motor to an old upright player, filing hammers, full basic regulation (half the hammers were multiple striking), fix few action parts and keys, pitch raise 180 cents, tune. Lady was as happy as a pig in .......a nice barn. Figure 10.5 hours at my normal hourly rate (zap 1.5 hours for lunch, dinner and chit-chat). Give lady bill.
>
>And then the dreaded QUESTION: "Are you sure that's enough honey?"
>
>Now I probably knocked a half-hour off her bill that, arguably, I could have charged her for......... There are times where you have trimmed the price just a bit. Is there any response to this question other than: "Oh, no, that's fine, that's just what it works out to."
>
>I'm really kinda (only kinda though!) kidding that if feel this is a big concern. But it sure does make you wonder sometimes!
>
>Terry Farrell

Thats like going to buy a piano and when you make your offer (hoping it is enough) the seller almost rips the money out of your hand and is obviously more than pleased.  You kick yourself all the way home thinking you could have bought it cheaper!
Jon Page relayed a story along these lines (maybe a little different) he knows someone who was looking to purchase a car and found one for $600.00 or best offer, he offered them $800.00 and I'll be danged if the guy didn't take it.
I haven't figured out anything else to say in your situation, YET!!!

David Koelzer
DFW