yamaha parts & HTs

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Thu, 9 May 2002 22:35:43 -0400

At 11:33 AM -0400 5/9/02, Jon Page wrote:
>I don't see a problem with parts for Yamaha pianos since they are
>available from other action >manufactures: Renner, Abel, Tokiwa to
>name a few.

Uh, the subject was vertical damper felts sets, and those nice
factory hammers glued to shanks (different from an Abel head on a
Renner shank, both of them the "Yamaha Style". It was also very nice
to be able to buy factory-made damper sets (felts and levers) of
Yamaha's quality. But that's moot now that the way is shown: make
one's own heads and blocks.

BTW, Thank you Jon Page, for affirming that HTs are easy to load into
ETDs, in the form of "Custom Temperaments", constructed from the very
same numbers which Jason Kanter used for his wonderful visual
reference. Clyde and I should be all set.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"We mustn't underestimate our power of teamwork."
     ...........Bob Davis RPT, pianotech '97