EBVT electronic tuning data

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Thu, 09 May 2002 14:31:16 +0000

Bill Bremmer wrote:

All Values are read on Octave 5  (very important)

        High    Moderate   Low
F3     2.5      2.0          1.5
F#3  -3.0      -2.5         -2.0
G3    4.0       3.5          3.0
G#3  1.5       2.0          2.0
A3    0.0       0.0          0.0
A#3  2.0       2.0          2.0
B3    0.5       0.0          0.0
C4    3.5       3.0          2.0
C#4  -2.0     -1.0         -1.0
D4    0.0      -0.5          0.0
D#4  0.0       0.5          1.0
E4   -2.0      -3.5         -2.0

<snip>

At least for me, it would simplify the puzzle if you could list one complete
octave (F3-F4) using the same partial for the entire octave.  F-F is good,
because that would be a pure 5th, giving an untempered octave, which allows
for the octave stretch information when calculating for the offsets.

For those interested, I've come up with another equal-beating type
temperament, though I'm not claiming it to be the EBVT.  Maximum offset from
ET is 4 cents.  The major thirds range from 8.2 cents from pure for C-E, to
16.9 cents from pure for F#-A#.  A nice introduction temperament to be used
instead of the Moore.

Koval EB Well:
C    4
C#   0