yamaha parts

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 09 May 2002 07:54:12 -0400

Friends,

This seems like the answer to me (see below).  If other manufacturers
can make pianos in eastern hemisphere countries that have no problems
here, couldn't Yamaha do the same?  And of course some Yamaha pianos are
made in Japan for the American market and do just fine.  Why not make
them *all* that way?  Would it cost significantly more or something?

We already know that there are problems with some American-made pianos
of certain vintages also -- Teflon bushings and vertigris in Steinways,
breaking flange cords in Yamaha, hard Corfam in Baldwins, etc.  Wouldn't
it be best on the part of Yamaha just to let piano technicians and
potential owners know that the gray market Yamahas are likely to be
problematic and let it at that?  Refusing to sell parts for any reason
that I can think of isn't likely to do any good when it comes to public
relations.

Regards,
Clyde