Yamaha Policy

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 8 May 2002 21:43:43 -0700

All,
Yamaha's policy of not selling parts w/o a serial number is, IMHO, another
stupid idea they have come up with. Very similar to their statement,
regarding electronic keyboards, when they first started making/marketing
them: "In our opinion, the electronic PIANO, will replace acoustic pianos,
with in 5 years".!!!!!!!!! Yes, they did say it! I swear! Sometimes, they
don't have a clue. This most current attitude, towards "grey Market" pianos,
has put them one more notch DOWN on my "recommend" list. And, yes, I have
told them that. The response was, more or less, a shrug, as if to say, "so
what?". Bad Policy/PR IMHO!!!!
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)