1969 Steinway L CBS?

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 8 May 2002 11:57:29 +0200

Nicely said  Don,

Sur we may learn, particularly with time when we begin to have some
'quality' in our job (all being relative) , not to rant systematically about
the precedent tech.

I may say that I see very few grand pianos well regulated, and most of them
are not bedded fine, so the other regulations are useless of course.

But if the job have been done right even a long time ago, it will show that
it was there generally.

Regards.

Isaac OLEG
  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]De la part de
Donald Mannino
  Envoye : mercredi 8 mai 2002 07:15
  A : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : Re: 1969 Steinway L CBS?

  Tommy,

  If I may offer a little advice, from lessons learned over time . .

  Try not to be too critical of what you see in a piano.  A 30 year old
piano has gone through many, many changes, and it really isn't possible to
place blame anywhere.  Keyframes really do move around, regulation get's
screwed up, and what you saw is perfectly possible just from age and
neglect.  If the climate caused the keyframe to bow up at the center, the
blow would be reduced and the action would feel awful!

  At one point some time ago I was looking at a piano and started saying how
bad the tuning was, and how that last technician should have tightened the
plate screws and seated the strings.  The I discovered my card inside . . .
.

  :-)

  Don Mannino RPT