tuning <> TUNING

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 7 May 2002 17:13:12 EDT

>So what I'm wondering is what makes the horrors of a minor pitch change
>not
>manifest themselves when tuning to a different temperament?

Don't know, but going from a Young to ET will only cause the A's to move
about .3 cents. This is well within the daily rise and fall of pitch any
piano goes through daily in the home, so I don't see there being any problem.
 In my practise of yanking pianos out of ET every chance I get,  I haven't
had a pitch change problem yet.
   After doing the Meantone tuning on "6 Degrees",  I had to put the piano
back in ET for a student recital before we restrung it.  The A's stayed the
same!
Regards,
Ed Foote.