CBS years at S&S was improvements

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Tue, 7 May 2002 13:26:13 -0500

Hello Richard, John, List,

Maybe I am misunderstanding your comments below. Are you somehow
purporting that there are *no* instruments made that cannot mature in
tonal properties with the passage of time? That there are scientific
evidences/explanations that say this is an impossibility?

Also, are you addressing specifically this about pianos only, or all
musical instruments in general?

Science is a great tool, and I embrace its use where applicable, but
it certainly cannot suffice to explain the realm of soul/spirit
faculties, which some instruments certainly possess and express,
either through choice of materials, the consciousness of its makers,
the environment in which is experiences, the music it is allowed to
express, the owner/player's temperament, to name some factors.

I will concede the foregoing paragraph will be interpreted by some as
opinion. But at the same time I am confident these factors to be
relevant, even though I cannot provide proof by scientific means.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731