Tuning

Tue, 07 May 2002 08:57:34 +0200

HazenBannister@cs.com wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have a good friend and fellow technician that I respect a lot.He is
> visually impaired,and so can only tune aurally.I use to discuss with
> him tuning methods,and he stood by the fact that there was only a
> right way,and a wrong way,no in-between  way to tune.I am now
> wondering, if for instance,I could make up three stretch numbers,stop
> the lights on the accutuner,and call it a good variation of ET.With
> these made up temperments people have, who's to say one is right,and
> another one's wrong. I'm not being negative,or pointing a finger at
> anyone,just confused.
> Hazen Bannister

You run into this all the time Hazen. About tuning, about any tecnical
work.... heck even about how you reason things out. Just keep learning
yourself, keep your eyes, ears, and mind open to as much as you can and
you will go far. If there is any "right" and "wrong" to things... it
must be closer to this then anything else.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.