HTs on RCT

pbailey pbailey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 6 May 2002 22:51:46 -0700

''''Thomas Young is not in the file, although Vallotti-Young is,''''

In the RCT  Historical Temperaments file, the very next temperament
after the Valotti-Young  is the  1799 Representative 18th Century - this
IS

Thomas Young's Representative Well temperament of 1799,  Section 71
of Owen Jorgensen's  TUNING.

						Paul Bailey

On Monday, May 6, 2002, at 07:04 PM, Clyde Hollinger wrote:

> Bill,
>
> Yes, you are correct.  A couple people mentioned the same tunings, so
> I'll
> probably start with one of those.  RCT includes Representative
> Victorian Moore
> and also Ellis Tuner #4 Broadwood Best -- is that the same thing as
> simply
> "Broadwood Best?"  I'll probably try that, too, sooner or later.
>
> Thomas Young is not in the file, although Vallotti-Young is, and I
> think someone
> mentioned Vallotti-Young also.  It is interesting to me that quite a
> few HTs
> that are mentioned on this list are not in the RCT file.  And as a
> really green
> beginner, I'll probably start here before venturing any farther.
>
> Regards,
> Clyde
>
> Bill Ballard wrote:
>
>> I don't think Clyde was looking for the text names of recommended
>> HTs, rather the actual RCT files, downloadable, installable &
>> executable. I know that's what I'm looking for.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 1322 bytes