improvements

Mon, 6 May 2002 21:20:40 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: May 06, 2002 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: improvements

> >If you really read through most of these very long warranties you'll find
> >they don't really cover much. (If there are exceptions I'd like to
hear....)
> >The gazillion-year warranty, like most of the rest of the four-color
glossy
> >brochure, generally ends up being just more marketing hype.
> >
> >Del
>

> --- Like 75 years warranty against cracking on an Incomparable StoryTone
> laminated soundboard. It's pretty safe to put the big numbers on the
things
> that won't happen - especially if it plays to public misconception.

I remember (at a PTG chapter meeting some years back) listening to a factory
rep explaining the wonders of his company's gazillion year warranty and
about how it covered every part of the piano. A tech in the back raised his
hand as said a few words about how that was so very good to hear since one
of his clients had one of their pianos and the plating was coming off the
centerpins in the damper levers and they weren't working very well any more.
The factory rep proudly told the tech to get him the model and SN of the
piano and the company would send him a complete set of centerpins at no
charge.

Labor? What labor?

Del