Tuning

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Mon, 6 May 2002 21:17:06 EDT

Hi list,
 I have a good friend and fellow technician that I respect a lot.He is
visually impaired,and so can only tune aurally.I use to discuss with him
tuning methods,and he stood by the fact that there was only a right way,and a
wrong way,no in-between  way to tune.I am now wondering, if for instance,I
could make up three stretch numbers,stop the lights on the accutuner,and call
it a good variation of ET.With these made up temperments people have, who's
to say one is right,and another one's wrong. I'm not being negative,or
pointing a finger at anyone,just confused.
Hazen Bannister