offset chart for EBVT?

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Mon, 6 May 2002 20:22:05 EDT

In a message dated 05/06/2002 8:42:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Tvak@AOL.COM
writes:

> I copied an offset chart for EBVT posted some time ago and have been using
> it
> happily with RCT for about a year. It produces a pleasing temperament with
> just enough color to make it interesting.  I am very happy with the
> results,
> but...
>
> Hoping to improve my product I went to Bill Bremmer's web site and copied
> the
> temperament sequence to tune it aurally and found that the RCT offset I've
> been using is not correct.  F-A, G-B, and C-E should all beat equally, and
> this offset chart consistently produces a C-E which is faster than the
> other
> two.

Hi list,
  It seems that there's a lot of ways to tune a piano.Some sound good to
some,even by mistake,while maybe not so good to others.I am not referring to
this post,other than the piano sounded good by mistake.While I am interested
in the other temperments,I also like ET.I have been tuning since the
seventy's,and am probally the first call jazz pianist in my area.Maybe I have
a tin ear,(which I don't believe),but when I play,or hear the concerts at the
college I work for,the piano sounds wonderful.How it got started using ET I
don't know.For all I know,maybe my TV would work better at 98 volts,instead
of 110.Pardon my ranting,I just don't want to feel stupid because I happen to
like the temperment I learned to tune on.
Hazen Bannister