Not at the PTG Convention

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Mon, 6 May 2002 19:24:53 -0500

To Bill Bremmer et al.
	Bill, would you tell us who "they" are?  "They", of course the target
audience at which you aim your invective.  One of the fascinating thing
about not really knowing others on the list, is everyone gets thrown in
to "they", and I'm not sure I think it's fair.  For instance I consider
myself a real newbie, even though I've done some credible concert
tunings, and pretty much use my TuneLabPro as a helper on every tuning.
I figure that in another five years or so, I might be able to tune stable
octaves and unisons, so that I don't leave each home wondering of the
next day the piano will be wildly out of pitch.   So, I don't really
consider myself a credible testimonial to the power of HT.  I can say
people have seemed to accept my miserable ET's.   Or, are "They" the
older guys who have "done it that way" all their lives, know they're
headed down the back stretch, and don't figure most people really give a
flip?  After all, I find, upon calling, or sending post cards, most
people wish to "put it off a little longer".  Or are "they" the small
group of folks who simply get pleasure of pushing your buttons?
	You can't, can you(?) actually be gunning for everyone who has ever
shown up with a post or listen on the list. That would be pretty brave,
probably foolish, and perhaps quite arrogant.  You did a mighty fine job
of describing your flair for the dramtic awhile back. Now would you
define your "targets".   I'm just a little schmuck trying to learn a
thing or two, knowing that in another decade when I'll pass 65, I'll
still be relatively new to this sport, and I would like to stay out of
the way of general, flying stuph..........   So, who is
"they"???????????????????????????   Inquiring minds often get in trouble,
but still want to know..........
les bartlett
houston

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!