HT's on RCT

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Mon, 06 May 2002 17:33:41 +0000

Jon suggested:

Moore Representative Victorian

Mild enough so as not to alarm . The next step Ed tells me is the Thomas
Young.

I'd add an intermediate with the Broadwood's best, not so much dissonence in
that one.

In RCT, you can use pre-set temperaments or user-defined ones (use the
numbers on Jason's website, for a start.)

Once you have a tuning calculated, (Even better if you have a "tweaked"
tuning on file) go to the Tools menu, choose Historical Temp'ts, look under
the Well temperaments, choose either:

1885 Representative Victorian Moore
1885 Ellis tuner #4 Broadwood Best

click the convert button and go.

If you are using a saved tuning and want to keep it ET, do NOT save your
tuning after converting.

To play with custom temperaments, there should be a file called user
temperaments in your RCT folder.  Paste blank to get an empty tuning with
all offsets to zero.  Pick any one octave to alter using the offsets that
have been published.  Save, and use the same method to alter a tuning as
before.

Be warned: only ater Equal temperament calculations.  Each time you use the
convert command, the tuning will be altered,.... you can end up with some
wild tunings from altering an already altered tuning!

Ron Koval