Sandblaster, was: Cleaning actions

Greg T Tunapiana440@cox.net
Mon, 6 May 2002 01:55:49 -0500

Guy,

Could you send me a link to the bench-top blasters you mentioned? I =
visited the Harbour Freight site but all I could find was the siphon =
feed blast gun for 19 bucks...

Thanks,
Greg

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Nichols=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 5:58 PM
  Subject: Re: Sandblaster, was: Cleaning actions

  Harbor Freight has bench-top blasters big enough for keys, etc, =
starting at about 70 bucks. Add the extra relief hose for five bucks, =
and a big bucket. You're set.

  Guy

  At 05:15 PM 5/5/02 -0400, you wrote:

    In a message dated 05/05/2002 3:50:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, =
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:=20

      Hazen. What kind of sandblasting setup do you have? Is it an =
indoor thing with the vacuum and recycling of blasting material? What =
blasting material do you use? Do you have a picture of your setup? I've =
been thinking of such a gizmo for a long time.=20

      Terry Farrell

    Terry,=20
    The model I built mine after was in an older PTG journal,probally =
can find it on the  PTG CD's.I use an old electrolux vacumn to keep the =
window clean and clear from the dust.The sand is from a local monument =
maker.It will make an old terrible looking action,brand new looking.I =
put the keys in also.=20
    Hazen Bannister=20