Newbie; Cleaning actions

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 5 May 2002 14:35:06 EDT

In a message dated 05/05/2002 12:52:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
claudia_cimenti@mail.com writes:

> 2. A quick question on cleaning actions: The old upright I am restoring has
> an extremely dirty action. It is very very dusty. How would you go about
> cleaning this? I would be interested in hearining how you would go about
> doing this with a minimum set of tools ("the hard way"), or in an
> established shop.

Hi,
 You can use an air compressor,leaf blower,or vacumn cleaner to blow out the
action.
I have a sand blaster (inexpensive to make) ,that I use,to clean action
parts.Also half ammonia,half water,will get rid of all kinds of dirt,and
debris.The sand blaster will also revitalize old crusty,and compressed felt.
Hazen Bannister