Key Height

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Sun, 5 May 2002 10:43:41 -0400

On Sunday, May 5, 2002, at 08:51 AM, Z! Reinhardt wrote:

> How DOES one go about teaching how to establish proper key height in =
an=20
> upright?=A0 I've heard discussions about parameters as determined by =
case=20
> parts,=A0balance pin height, and so on, that doesn't really home in on=20=

> the optimum key height.

Zen, I think a good start would be purchasing and reading the Curriculum=20=

on Vertical Regulation, written by LaRoy Edwards and available from=20
PTG . All the parameters you mentioned are of course quite important,=20
but noticing the results of the existing and sample parameters (does=20
letoff, aftertouch occur, what is the jack position at the end of the=20
key stroke?) will help.
And I'm sure some of our action geometry gurus will offer better methods=20=

than I can remember this Sunday morning.

Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched