to A442 & back(D)

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 5 May 2002 09:57:41 -0400

> That's partly why
> I react negatively to the thought that every piano in every situation has to be
> tuned at A440, as was suggested on this list a couple weeks ago by someone (I
> don't remember who), especially on average pianos in private homes.

But for stability sake, what do you do when a home console is above or below A440?

If it is above, I generally leave it (unless I am aware they NEED it at A440). If it is flat - even one cent - I tune the piano at A440. I just figure a small nudge each time if it needs it to keep it at A440 is better than letting it slide flatter and flatter and then need to do a significant pitch raise. No? Yes?

Terry Farrell