Curve on Bridge Bottom

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 04 May 2002 21:03:38 -0500

>Thanks Ron. I do see your point. I'll have to think and play on this a
>while. Seems like the bridge can really be subject to some distortion!

Probably, though I'm not talking about distortion in this case, just the
entire bridge rotating as the board collapses.

>I know you're going to want to shoot me for this, but after all you said
>about the curved bridge finding its place, or rather conforming, to the
>curvature of the board, this leads us to the folks that align the apex of
>each rib to the long bridge line - and maybe half-way between the long and
>bass bridge at that end. This always seemed kinda goofy to me - wouldn't all
>the ribs just rotate end-to-end and even out after you take the think out of
>clamps? I trust you do not do such a thing?
>
>Terry Farrell

Nah, I won't shoot you - just whack you a little with a question.
Geometrically, can the high point of a circular arc segment be anywhere
other than at the center of the chord defining the segment? You have one
hour. Compass and straightedge allowed.

Ron N