Rock concert, hearing damage wake up call

Reikiharp@AOL.COM Reikiharp@AOL.COM
Sat, 4 May 2002 20:35:22 EDT

  Tom

        There are far worse things than hearing loss. Hyper-acoustosis and
tenitus for example. Tenitus is of course ringing in the ears, that for some,
never stops.  Hyper-acoustosis is a condition that has the effect of making
even the quietest, barely audible sounds, seem unbearably loud.
                                Unfortunately, I know this from experience.
Fortunately,however, my condition was not permanent.  Believe it or not, for
about 3 months I tuned with earplugs and/or earmuffs in order to reduce the
volume to what at the time seemed to be a  normal level.

Joseph D. Gotta RPT