(was) Large disk sander - hammer tapering jig

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Sat, 04 May 2002 10:08:45 -0400

In a message dated Sat, 4 May 2002  7:21:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Isaac OLEG SIMANOT" <oleg-i@wanadoo.fr> writes:

>Hi all,
>
>Thanks for your ideas about the large sander I am looking for.
>
>I have hear very good comments on the radial saw jig from spurlock always,
>but I wonder , if the jig is not reversible, the hammer holding (precision)
>may be better for one side  (right)  than for the other.
>
>Or is it possible to use the gig the same on the 2 sides ?
>
>With the disk sander, felt is very easily hardened by the heat generated if
>the abrasive is not first class, and I don't like that.
>I understand that oscillating sanders are used in some factories for that
>purpose (curtain going up & down) , probably to avoid the felt problem.
>I can't find that kind of tool in classic catalogs.
>
>Thanks again
>
>Regards.
>
>Isaac OLEG

Isaac, the jig is not reversable, you just flip the hammer upside down with the tail facing the same direction and clamp it down, accurate and precise.  Just a few turns of a screw as a stop for the second cut and you can taper a very balanced hammer.

David Koelzer
DFW