Newton Hunt's workmanship

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Sat, 4 May 2002 00:37:25 -0400

At 8:09 PM -0400 5/3/02, Farrell wrote:
>Yes, I also agree Newton seems to be on the low side - but maybe
>experience makes one that much >faster!

More likely, maybe the time studies need to be freshened up. Nothing
raises the prices better than an honest accounting of the true number
of steps and their time, required for the work to be successful.
Nothing sharpens the focus on the profitable, like such a time study.

I still believe this list should be free from such "calls for
reference" and appraisals of pianos in far distant local areas. This
is not a list for tourists, and we should not be asked to give
opinions of individual pianos, on a drive-up-window basis. This is a
list for discussion.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I go, two plus like, three is pretty much totally five. Whatever"
     ...........The new math