Jack Slipping?

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 4 May 2002 00:29:01 +0200

Hello

Looks like hammer tail catched by the back checks.

if you push on the hammer strong with a finger flexing the shank, while
pushing the key down, and you hear the back of the hammer making noise on
the back check, then the back checks angle is not good or the back check is
too close of the hammer.

It can be that the jack is too much on the front too. You could have moved
the button with your fingers, it is on a screw. Anyway it is something you
can see looking at the jack position under the roller, and check, playing a
little hard the note while having the other almost holding the hammer, and
see ith the jack disengage. if so it need to be a little back.

there is also an issue with bad frame bedding.

HTH(elps)

Regards.

Isaac OLEG