One more multilaminate pinblock question

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 07:50:39 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think I've ever heard this one addressed
here, but it's a legitimate question.

I've never used pinblock material as a criteria
for tuning pin length.

Normally, for me, what came out will be the
length that goes back in, although I will make an
effort to make sure that the tuning pins won't be
sticking out the bottom of the block.  My
personal preference is to see the pin come to
within about 1/8" of the bottom of the block on
most pianos.  (It also matters if you're putting
in a block that's thicker or thinner than the
original.)

Would love to hear what others have to say as
well.  Like I said, I can't remember hearing this
mentioned before.

Good luck,

Brian T.

--- David Love <davidlovepianos@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> Does one generally use a tuning pin of shorter
> length on a multilaminate block?  Or is it not
> relevant?
>
> David Love

=====
Brian Trout