Pinblocks... Jim B.

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 07:22:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jim,

NO!!! You don't understand me at all!!

Evidently it was late when I wrote my reponse and
my mind wan't working as clearly as it could have
been.

Here's what I think.

First choice is a Bolduc pinblock.  They're
wonderful.  When price is not an issue, I'll use
one without any reservation whatsoever.  I almost
insist on one in a Steinway or Mason & Hamlin
type piano.

If I can't get the Bolduc pinblock into the
budget, I will use one of the multilaminate
pinblocks from Schaff or Apsco with good success.
 (It's what, about 1/6 the price?)  I have quite
a number of them  out there with no problems that
I'm aware of.

I mentioned Delignit specifically because I have
NOT used it and wouldn't want to offer an opinion
as if I had.  There's something about having that
many layers and that much glue making up the
pinblock that I can't seem to get comfortable
with the concepts of.  I think it might be Ron
Nossaman who has used them with good success,
though, and that's great.  _I_ wouldn't use one
for anythiing, but that's MY opinion and MY
preference.  Others are certainly entitled to
differ, and I'm sure they do.  You gotta use what
works good for YOU.

Hope that makes it clear enough.  I'm sorry I
gave the impressions I did.  I gotta go read what
I wrote again and see what I said wrong...

Take care,

Brian T.

--- JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:
> Brian...do I understand you correctly that you
> are saying a delignit block is
> preferable to a Bolduc block in S&S?
> M&H?........  And that a Bolduc
> Block/multi laminate block should only be used
> if budget is an issue??
>  Be careful wif yo answer now....you heah???
> :-)
> Jim Bryant (FL)

=====
Brian Trout