Pinblocks

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Thu, 2 May 2002 20:06:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David,

Ok, I'll stick my neck out.  (We'll see if I'm
handed it back detached or not...)

I've used Bolduc pinblocks.  They are wonderful.
They are also expensive.

If a piano isn't particularly special, for
whatever reason, I don't have a problem with
using a multilaminate block.  I've used them on
quite a number of pianos and have not had any
significant problems.  I drill them much the same
way (same size drill bits) as I would a Bolduc
block.

I have used the standard multilaminate blocks
from Schaff and Apsco.  I haven't used the
Delignit type blocks.

If budget is an issue, I don't have a problem
making this substitution on something like you
describe.  But I'd hate to do it on a Mason &
Hamlin or a Steinway or something of similar
caliber.

Others might have differing opinions.

FWIW...

Brian T.