A classic example of a bad scale

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 1 May 2002 18:59:53 -0700

All,
If any of you want to hear the classic example of a bad scale, check out an
olde Yamaha GH-1. The one with plain wire all the way down to the break.
There have been several versions of this piano and the most recent one is
FINALLY much better. Please, donot think that I am picking on just Yamaha,
it is just that there are so many of that model, out there, that it's a good
way to educate yourself regarding scaling. The best example of good scaling
is the Charles Walter Grand, IMHO. Of course, I'm bias, as that piano was
designed by my OLDE MENTOR, (<G>), Del Fandrich.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)