Sanderson Scaling/Terry F

Stephen Airy stephenairy@fastmail.fm
Wed, 1 May 2002 21:22:14 +0000

On Wed, 1 May 2002 16:23:09 -0400, "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
said:
> I assume your two questions are one in the same. To answer your
> question, forget adding wound tricords. If you want to switch from
> plain tricords to wound bicords, just use the two outer holes of the
> agraffe and the two outer sets of bridge pins. Existing hitch pins may
> work fine, or you may need to cut the old ones off (or puch them out)
> and install new pins. Really quite easy to do.
>
> Suggestion: If you just want to replace old strings and not take the
> plate out and not improve the bridges, etc., just duplicate the old
> strings. If you want to do a complete job, then tear it apart and do it
> right.

I don't want to take the plate out.  The bass bridge does have some
small cracks on the speaking side hitch pins, so they would need to be
glued.
I could settle for using the same scale.  If I change anything about
it, though, I do not want any wound strings above C3.  (that's the
lowest plain trichord now.)

--
  Stephen Airy
  stephenairy@fastmail.fm