Plate hoist

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 1 May 2002 10:51:19 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/2002 7:54:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Subj:Re: Plate hoist
> Date:4/30/2002 7:54:29 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com">mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

>                      Terry

                If you're referring to the electric hoist I double reduced
mine with extra pulleys and it lifts very slow and controllably. It is not as
incremental as any chain hoist but it's not a problem either it's stiil slow
enough to control. It was easy to get used to. I used a chain hoist for
years.  The problem I had with chainfall is the chain needs to be shortened
so the chain doesn't"Fall" on your newly finished plate. This makes it
shorter and also harder to reach for the short people in the shop.