Replacing Bass strings w/o treble/restringing

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:23:02 EDT

In a message dated 04/30/2002 12:49:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

> Another advantage of doing a PROPER Scale Evaluation, is that you can
> evaluate the scale at the "Olde" pitch standard, of the time of the piano,
> and then RE-scale it to allow the designed tension at A=440! Ooh! My!
> There's a CONCEPT! (tongue in cheek).
> Just my take on a bad situation. (Flame suit zipped up tight!)
> Best Regards,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Hi Joe,list,
  I'm restringing (rebuilding)a Baldwin grand,and the string scale is written
on the plate.I am wondering if I should use this scale,or maybe rescale.I
have the action handbook which has alternate scales,what does everyone think?
Thanks,
Hazen Bannister